2" lift what's best way??

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Felstmiester

2" lift what's best way??

Postby Felstmiester » Thu May 21, 2015 11:31 am

SimulatedZero

Postby SimulatedZero » Thu May 21, 2015 11:37 am

Well, what you're linking to is not for a Nissan Pathfinder, so neither. The Navara is another production of the Frontier, fyi.Those rear spacers and shackles are for a solid axle vehicle like the Xtera or Frontier. The Pathfinder has an independent suspension system.

As far as the "best" way is concerned, do want to look tall and do it cheap? Or do you want performance?

Felstmiester

Postby Felstmiester » Thu May 21, 2015 11:46 am

Oh!! I assumed the pathfinder would run the same set up as a navara.

To be honest I just want it for the looks as I have a lovely set of 33" chunky tyres in my garage. Saying that I wouldn't want it to sway around like a boat or nothing.

SimulatedZero

Postby SimulatedZero » Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 pm

So, I'm going to assume by your vernacular that you are either from Australia or from UK/ Western EU. Some of the parts I'm going to mention are from local US dealers or AUS dealers. Keep that in mind for shipping prices.

To me, the best compromise is to do an actual suspension lift. The easiest way to do that is to use Rancho Quicklift Struts up front and RS9000XL's in the rear with a spacer. Rancho is running a deal right now for $126 back if you purchase thoae four struts. If the rear spring is still to soft for you then throw in an Air Lift 1000 for a hundred bucks and call it a day. Another way to do that same lift is to also replace the rear coils with OME springs for about the same price as spacers and an air lift. I have another thread called spacers vs springs that talks about this.

Otherwise, 4x4parts.com has spacers for a total of $200 something dollars (?) For the front and rear. You would keep the stock suspension and handling but ride higher. This is a poor trade off to me due to the fact that you are gaining all of the negatives of a lift, extra wear on the ball joints, higher center of gravity, poor gas mileage, and none of the benefits of increased travel or better handling.

Also, sorry for no links, tough to do on my phone.

Felstmiester

Postby Felstmiester » Thu May 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Thanks. I'm in the uk. I will look into it. It's only the fact I've already got the tyres that I wanted to do it. I don't want to compromise the handling or any unwanted wear.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu May 28, 2015 10:32 am

From what I've seen I see more lift options available for Aussie/UK R51's than here in the states/NA.

SimulatedZero

Postby SimulatedZero » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Doesn't surprise me. It seems like the R51 platform is put through its paces a little more in Europe and elsewhere. They even have a lovely diesel engine available to them. Most online videos I find are either in Europe, Russia, or South America it feels like.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”