Where to order OME in US

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

sigtauguy07

Where to order OME in US

Postby sigtauguy07 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:46 pm

I have tried the search function with no luck so please don't blast me :)

I am trying to order OME suspension lift for my 2012 PF. I have checked out the rocky-road website but they state that they do not recommend the ome lift for PFs in North America. They told me the parts will not fit right and they do not take returns or give refunds if does not fit right. That does not sit right with me and I would rather do business with someone else. Any recommendations?

Please Advise.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:17 am

Talk to the folks at 4x4parts.com. They specialize in Nissan truck aftermarket suspension and steering systems.

sigtauguy07

Postby sigtauguy07 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:27 am

Yeah they seem to have a lot of good options, i just didnt see any OME stuff on their site. I will give them a call though!

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:44 pm

I am out of the country for work right now with crappy connectivity, but check arbusa.com - you can find the part number of the kit you are looking for and either buy from them or sometimes can find a better deal with a local/internet supplier.

Good Luck!

blink32
Sponsored Member

Re: Where to order OME in US

Postby blink32 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:59 am

If you have the OME part numbers you can call up anyone selling OME parts and they will order them for you. Think Jeep sites if ARB can't come through.
sigtauguy07 wrote:.....That does not sit right with me and I would rather do business with someone else.
They are doing everything in their powers to prevent you from making a mistake and CYA for themselves so they don't foot the bill for your mistake. If anything this should make you want to use this vendor as they are not just selling you a product then charging you a restocking fee for returns.

No idea what year Pathy you have but unless Nissan or OME has made manufacturing changes you will have fitment issues regardless of the reseller you use. OME/ARB released a bulletin years ago stating that customers using OME products have problems attempting to get their Pathfinders aligned correctly. There should be several threads out on the web about this. I have never seen anything about parts not physically fitting however.

Disclaimer: I don't like Rocky Road, I run a full OME lift.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Where to order OME in US

Postby NVSteve » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:54 pm

sigtauguy07 wrote:I have tried the search function with no luck so please don't blast me :)

I am trying to order OME suspension lift for my 2012 PF. I have checked out the rocky-road website but they state that they do not recommend the ome lift for PFs in North America. They told me the parts will not fit right and they do not take returns or give refunds if does not fit right. That does not sit right with me and I would rather do business with someone else. Any recommendations?

Please Advise.
Where does it say that on their site? I don't see it on their Pathfinder page:
http://www.rocky-road.com/nissan-pathfi ... t-kit.html

And the only warning I see:

North America Pathfinder Owners 2005+, please be advised: On US and Canada Nissans, this kit provides 2.5-3" of lift which has been known to cause alignment challenges. Your alignment shop may have to make additional changes to the alignment system (such as slotting holes). No warranty on any late pathfinder suspension components and no returns.

This is not just OME specific-whatever lift you get that puts you in the air that high, alignment will be a challenge. I ended up having new adjustable cam bolts installed up front, along with new lower arms, and I am fully within spec. There were a few of us (blink was one) who researched the crap out of the OME offering when ARB announced that it was coming to the US. Lots of info from the Australian Pathfinder forum, a few Australian print reviews, etc. I haven't run across the "parts will not fit right" bit. Unless something changed on the 2012?

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”