2008 Camber Adjustment bolt question - Help!

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

nathanawill

2008 Camber Adjustment bolt question - Help!

Postby nathanawill » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:17 pm

I'm in the process or ordering a 2" lift for my 2008 SE 4.0 V6 4x4. Do I need a camber adjustment bolt kit to get it realigned properly? From my research on this site it sounds like some pathys have these bolts and some simply don't have them. Do I only need the adjustment kit if my old ones are broken/rusted, etc?

Share your wisdom.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:53 am

The front control arms don't come with eccentric bolts from the factory; the rear control arms do have eccentric bolts installed from the factory. So, if you need to adjust the front camber/caster and the camber/caster kits were never installed, you will need the camber/caster kits. If adjustments are needed and the bolts are seized into the bushing sleeves of the control arms, you will need to cut out the control arms and replace the bushing or control arm, depending what's available.

Entropy98

Postby Entropy98 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:14 pm

I got the bolts for the front when I did the lift. Makes it easier for the techs to get it in spec so you don't ruin tires. As for the rear just replaced bolts and lower control arms as there is not a bushing replacement (for the rear control arm). $75ish for each side from rockauto. Could not get the rear to align properly until after the lower control arm replacement. Interestingly enough I gained 1/2 inch in the rear with the new arms/bushings.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”