Rancho RS9000 - Still Too Soft

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

SimulatedZero

Rancho RS9000 - Still Too Soft

Postby SimulatedZero » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:46 am

I've been running a rancho quicklift with OME medium springs in the rear and no sway bar upfront. My daily commute has me using every inch of articulation my rig has to keep traction. The travel is right where I need it for a comfortable ride, but my shocks keep getting softer. I'll look and they will have dialed themselves down. Every time they do, my springs can't keep up and I start hitting the bump stops upfront and in back on the larger ruts and potholes.

To me, everything is still a little soft at level 9 with OME springs in the rear. I'm thinking of switching to OME medium upfront and OME heavy springs in the rear for a bit more support in the deep stuff, but I can't think of a good strut to use. I can't afford radflo, or that'd be my choice. Is there another option in between rancho and radflo that'll help stiffen things up a bit? Honestly, level 9 setting is pretty decent, could be a bit note controlled, but not bad. If something was equal to that, with good articulation, and doesn't turn itself down, I'd be set.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:16 pm

I never had issues with soft suspension when i ran bilsteins 5100 upfront.
Now i have radflos. Other one you can do is the nisstec coil overs which are bilsteins with bigger springs.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”