Something is wrong here....

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

DirtDgr

Postby DirtDgr » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:06 am

14 mm with the flexible end was great for removing the top nuts. New ones from Rancho took a 15mm.

My air impact wasn't enough to get the bottom shock mounts loose. Large breaker bar and an extension did the trick but still took some muscle. Add more leverage if you got a length of pipe laying around.
Last edited by DirtDgr on Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirtDgr

Postby DirtDgr » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:27 am

All finished up.

I also added the spacers in the back. Already had the air bladders, but I had to have them up at 25-30 lbs to get the height I wanted. So I added the spacers and it made a big difference. Less air is needed. Plus it felt better too.

The fronts feel great. But its not fair to compare to the Bilstiens as they never had a chance being installed wrong. Hopefully I can figure out precicely what is missing and use them in the future.

I do not offroad my Pathfinder very much. Once in a great while I will venture to a nearby offroad area and mess around to scare the kids. Will hit the snow when its in the hills. But its my wifes way to work. So I cant break it. I have the Class 11 VW for my offroad excursions!

If I were to really want some offroad ability I would spend a couple grand and get some better stuff for sure. I wouldn't mind doing just that someday.

DirtDgr

Postby DirtDgr » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:27 am

Double post oops. :oops:

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”