Alignment Timing

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

glenski_31

Alignment Timing

Postby glenski_31 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:01 pm

I just installed a Rancho Quicklift system all around and installed Airlift 1000 in the rear. Feels like a brand new ride.

That said - I am certain it is in need of an alignment due to the quicklift. I have worn out tires and will be replacing them before winter. I have 4 new Duratrac 245/75/17 sitting in the shed and my Motor Vehicle inspectioni is due in 3 weeks. I usually get an alignment when I get my MVI done just because. However I was hoping to wait until snow (early December) before installing the new rubber and get the max use out of my old tires.

So - does the alignment care what tires are on the Pathy? From what I understand it shouldn't matter? Is it really gonna hurt much to run it in an un-aligned condition for the next couple of weeks? It will probably amount to about 800kms of driving before I actually get it in for an MVI/alignment.

Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:41 am

As long as there's not a big difference in outside diameter of the tires (meaning, have one or more tires with very good tread but some near bald, creating a difference in outside diameter between tires), it shouldn't really matter if you have the alignment performed now and then install your other tires, later.

glenski_31

Postby glenski_31 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:51 am

smj999smj wrote:As long as there's not a big difference in outside diameter of the tires (meaning, have one or more tires with very good tread but some near bald, creating a difference in outside diameter between tires), it shouldn't really matter if you have the alignment performed now and then install your other tires, later.
Perfect - thanks for the reply. I was actually out for work today and decided to stop in and book my alignment/MVI for November 1st. He confirmed what you said which is that it won't matter what tires are on as long as you say they are fairly evenly worn. Always good to hear it from two sources.

He is a little rough around the edges but knows his stuff. Still works out of a pit bay. Its a miracle he isn't dead yet with cancer all through him.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”