Wtf is wrong with my pathy?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

not on the rug

Wtf is wrong with my pathy?

Postby not on the rug » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:30 pm

My dash is lit up like an xmas tree. ABS, VDC, Slip, and 4wd lights are all on. And the indicator area that has the 4 wheels on it that shows if you're in 2wd/4wd etc is conpletely blank. It engages and disengages 4wd, but nothing shows on that screen at all

Buddy ran it at his shop and it showed a bad left front wheel speed sensor. Would that cause all of the issues that I'm seeing?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Wtf is wrong with my pathy?

Postby eieio » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:38 pm

not on the rug wrote:My dash is lit up like an xmas tree. ABS, VDC, Slip, and 4wd lights are all on. And the indicator area that has the 4 wheels on it that shows if you're in 2wd/4wd etc is conpletely blank.

Buddy ran it at his shop and it showed a bad left front wheel speed sensor. Would that cause all of the issues that I'm seeing?
these are common symptoms, try this:
Thoroughly clean battery cable clamps & battery posts.
Charge & load test battery, replace if necessary.
When you tighten the battery cable clamps, make sure the (-) cable clamp is tight on the post (even with the pinch nut tight, the clamp may "pivot" on the post. Replace the clamp if necessary (Napa has them).
Report back with results............... :)

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:42 pm

I can try that in the morning. The battery is good though.

Googled the issue and a thread popped up on an Armada forum that a bad sensor was causing all of that stuff to happen. So long as it isn't something catastophic with the computer, I'm ok with that.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:59 pm

All of those systems use the wheel speed sensors for their operation, so, it makes sense.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:38 am

well...it was the wheel speed sensor. Replaced it Saturday and everything is good to go

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”