Rear Camber/Toe Relationship

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

glenski_31

Rear Camber/Toe Relationship

Postby glenski_31 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:42 am

Hi All,

Just had it in for alignment after 2" Rancho Quicklift install. Front alignment was easy and no issues. Rear alignment camber was within spec, but both rears were toed out.

So, I am going to cut out toe adjustment bolts in spring control arm and install new lower spring carrier arms with new bushings, and new factory cam bolts. Going to reuse nuts and washers on these ones.

I can see how these two bolts clearly adjust the toe. The camber bolts also looked to be pretty near siezed, however he didn't mentioned I would need to replace them. My question:

Once I install new toe adjustment bolts and toe is adjusted is there a chance the camber adjustment bolts for the rears will need to be used to bring things back into alignment and I will be ordering up a new set of camber alignment bolts for the LCA as well?

If not clear let me know - Thanks guys and gals. Whole new game for me learning about 4 wheel alignment, pretty interesting and somewhat basic stuff, if it weren't for massive amounts of rust.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:35 pm

Technically it shouldn't affect the camber, but anything is possible once you start moving control arms around.

glenski_31

Postby glenski_31 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:10 am

smj999smj wrote:Technically it shouldn't affect the camber, but anything is possible once you start moving control arms around.
Thanks for the input. Just replacing bolts this weekend. I think I can see how technically is shouldn't affect camber but I can also see how it might if it was toed out really far and it had to swing through the toe arc (for lack of a better term) it could swing fat enough to cause a change in camber, but minimal to none.

Thanks again, sorry for being late in my response. This forum has always been helpful with every question so far.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”