Rancho Rear Spring Spacers

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

pawjr74

Rancho Rear Spring Spacers

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm

I've got a question for those of you who have installed the Rancho rear spring spacers on your Pathfinders.

Did you put the upper spring seat (the rubber pad) back on with the Rancho spacer on the top? I tried a test fit and it doesn't look like the spacer will work with the rubber spring seat up on the top. (They come with some pretty generic directions.)

It looks as though the Rancho spacer replaces the rubber spring seat up on the top.

Any input would be appreciated.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:04 pm

I don't recall an upper pad just a lower, but i also didn't take the spring out because of my air lift bags. I lowered the swing arm with a jack pulled the lower pad then dropped in the rancho and jacked it back up to bolt it in. Mine didn't come with directions though... :?

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:02 pm

GOTGOO wrote:I don't recall an upper pad just a lower, but i also didn't take the spring out because of my air lift bags. I lowered the swing arm with a jack pulled the lower pad then dropped in the rancho and jacked it back up to bolt it in. Mine didn't come with directions though... :?
I saw your other post pawjr, I did the same thing as GOTGOO. I intalled the spacer in place of the lower pad. I've had no problems with it installed this way. I have bags too, and didn't want to get that involved to put the spacers on top of the springs either..... BTW let me know how much you want for those OME springs. I call dibs.... PM me :D

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Storm4.0 wrote:
GOTGOO wrote:I don't recall an upper pad just a lower, but i also didn't take the spring out because of my air lift bags. I lowered the swing arm with a jack pulled the lower pad then dropped in the rancho and jacked it back up to bolt it in. Mine didn't come with directions though... :?
I saw your other post pawjr, I did the same thing as GOTGOO. I intalled the spacer in place of the lower pad. I've had no problems with it installed this way. I have bags too, and didn't want to get that involved to put the spacers on top of the springs either..... BTW let me know how much you want for those OME springs. I call dibs.... PM me :D
No problems here either! :D

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:27 am

I would have never even thought of installing it on the bottom.

The spacers don't slide around with out the rubber spring seat?

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 pm

The spacers in mine haven't moved at all, & I tow frequently with quite a bit of weight loaded on the rear suspension.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:46 pm

anyway, so i'm also wanting to do the 2in spacer for the rear. my question is, for those that have done it, did you also change the shock that's back there at the same time? did you go with a slightly longer shock since i was assuming the spacer adds just a little bit more required travel length in the shock or is that even an issue to consider?

cgray

Postby cgray » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 am

For those of you who have the spacers in the rear. What are you using for a lift in the front? I have been looking at the Rancho Loaded Quicklift struts to get a 2" lift in the front.

I have not yet decided if I am going to go with the spacer or longer coil springs in the rear. I know the spacers are cheaper and I could add air bags pretty easy with the spacer. Anyone having any problems with a setup like that?

05pathyse

Postby 05pathyse » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:55 pm

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe- ... -5843.html

Here is what i used. I ended up swapping the springs for spacers and air bags the springs just had more lift then i wanted. I still have the rear springs if ya want to buy them.

Imagebefore lift

Image Lift with springs and new tires

Image Spacers in and air bags with only 5 pounds of in in rear

cgray

Postby cgray » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:06 pm

05pathyse: Thanks for the info.

I think after seeing what you did in the end, that is the direction I am going to go with to start. If it doesnt work out I will contact you about the springs. Which spacers did you end up with? Just the standard spacer from 4x4 parts (https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html)?

With the adjustable from struts, how much lift do you have those set at? I have been looking at the Rancho Quicklift Loaded from spring/strut setup whch claims 2" of lift, but is not adjustable. Would you recommend sticking with the adjustable, or do you have that on the max setting all the time?

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:28 pm

I would like to resurrect this thread, if I could. I am looking to order some type of lift in the new year and started looking seriously at the Rancho Quicklift front coil overs and the rear spacers. I have a few questions though.

1) How much lift did you end up with?
2) How easy was it to install?
3) How long did it take to install?
4) What tools are required?
5) What size tires are you running? (The website says up to 35")
6) Are you happy with the Rancho product or would you do something different?

Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance.

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Oly 22 wrote:I would like to resurrect this thread, if I could. I am looking to order some type of lift in the new year and started looking seriously at the Rancho Quicklift front coil overs and the rear spacers. I have a few questions though.

1) How much lift did you end up with?
2) How easy was it to install?
3) How long did it take to install?
4) What tools are required?
5) What size tires are you running? (The website says up to 35")
6) Are you happy with the Rancho product or would you do something different?

Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Any input on this? I, too, am considering this as I am at about 80K miles and think a little lift might make sense while replacing suspension parts anyway.

I am espacially interested in costs to have this done.

ReynMan83

Postby ReynMan83 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:14 pm

thinking of doing the same. I did some looking into of the rancho quicklift 9000xls on amazon. found a review of someone saying the uca's would rub on the coil? I then thought id try 5100s, with a spacer in the rear.

and 2nd the question of needing an extended length shock in the rear with either front configuration. as i just purchased and installed "stock" level bilstein hd's back there.

ReynMan83

Postby ReynMan83 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm

here is what im thinking... again i already have the bilstein hds in the rear. the 4x4 parts springs are listed as +1 in front, +.5 in rear. neither shock i have listed is for a lift but i would assume that such a little change wouldnt make much difference. also, with the airlift in the rear, i would expect 1" total lift in rear as well. just an idea. i would really prefer to have all new suspension components all around (springs and shocks) this would achieve that.

any ideas?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue May 21, 2013 6:37 pm

ReynMan83 wrote:thinking of doing the same. I did some looking into of the rancho quicklift 9000xls on amazon. found a review of someone saying the uca's would rub on the coil? I then thought id try 5100s, with a spacer in the rear.

and 2nd the question of needing an extended length shock in the rear with either front configuration. as i just purchased and installed "stock" level bilstein hd's back there.
my personal opinion would be to go with the rancho ones, especially if the money isn't a problem. while the bilsteins aren't "bad", i would have definitely gone with those over the bilstein 5100s i have if i were to do it over again.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”