Rear springs

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Rear springs

Postby Gray » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:23 pm

A talk with the local parts guy confirmed that V8 PF with a heavier tare weight of 2313 kgs is supplied with heavier rear springs, part no: 55020-ZS60B as opposed to part no: 55020-EA501. Somewhere I've read that the OffRoad PF has a slightly heavier rear spring and different part number than the LE /SE PF's as well, but didn't get that number. I've never checked this out but have also read that the Armada rear spring is also a direct drop in replacement for the PF spring but slightly longer (taller).

None of these may mean anything to the average driver but might give another option to guys that haul trailers or boats.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:08 am

The stiffer springs would help in the floaty feeling of daily driving. A taller spring will throw off the alignment, so you would have to get that adjusted, but it's a good idea. I have no boat, wife gets car sick as it is, let alone on a boat. So I just go out on my friends boat and live through that.

Billy T.

Postby Billy T. » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:03 pm

The springs in the rear of my SE V8 aren't stiff at all. Two people in the back puts it on the bump stops thru bumps. With the trailer, it pretty much rides on the bumpstops. Got a WD hitch, but haven't had a chance to pull with it yet.

I was wondering about the Armada springs... don't want any lift, though. If anything, I want to go lower... maybe the H&R springs would do me right, seeing as they should be a fair bit stiffer than the stockers.

I wonder if OME would make an HD stock height springs...

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 pm

I do a fair amount of boat towing -- the air bags form AirLift work well

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”