AirLift 1000 Ordered

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Yugan

Airlift 1000 60810-Will this work on a 2" lifted suspen

Postby Yugan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:36 am

Hi guys ... great thread !

We have a local distrubutor for Airlift in SA. They say that the 60810 kit will not work on a vehicle that has a 2" lift. Do any of you have a 2" lifted Pathy and run the 60810 kit ? If so, how does this perform ?

Reason for asking ...my vehicle is stock but I want to add the kit as I intend towing ... I also want to add a 2" lift in future (when do I have some extra bucks to spend :) ) ... I don't want to invest in the 60810 kit and only to find out that I have to buy a new kit when I do the lift .... so can anyone provide some input on this query ...

Thanks in advance ...

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:54 am

i dunno, i have the "2 inch lift" (deluxe suspension package) from 4x4parts, and i have that airlift as well. all seems to work with my setup, not sure why they'd say it wouldn't....

unless they think that you have springs that are 2in longer. then maybe i could see it not working, since the bag is a certain length and if you're adding 2in worth of spring maybe it doesn't fit to their spec. however the lift kit i got actually has a little bit shorter spring than stock, so in my case there was no real change in spring length.

Yugan

Postby Yugan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks for the reply Doc ...

Yes ... you are correct. the airlfit supplier mentioned that the springs woiuld be longer, hence the requirement for larger airbags ...

What components does your lift kit comprise of ? Do you have a body lift using lift spacers?

The popular brands sold here (OME, Tough dog, Ironman, Radflo, TJM, etc) feature shocks and springs as part of the lift package for Pathy's ...

Regards

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:33 am

my lift involves new ride height adjustable struts in the front, new "medium" springs and shocks in the back. here's a link to the kit
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe- ... -5843.html

no body lift or spacers yet. i was planning on adding a 1in spacer in the back soon though.

SimulatedZero

Postby SimulatedZero » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:53 am

Just wanted to give one more cheer for the Airlift suspension. Took me about 40 minutes to install them both, only had to raise the rear about an inch to widen the coil gaps a tad. I run them at 25 psi and am loving it. Makes a world of difference in the handling, how the car feels on bumpy roads, and even offroading. Feels almost as tight as the bilstein suspension I ran on my old R50 Pathy :wink:

Jegan

Good Place to order for Canadians

Postby Jegan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:03 am

Hi everyone,

I just ordered my Airlifts from a Canadian site. 131.00 shipping and tax in.

Here is the link:

https://www.autopartsway.ca/PartDetails.cfm?60810/A13

Hope that helps any canucks out there.

J

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Finally bit the bullet and got my Airlift 1000's! I had a $50 coupon from Advance Auto Parts for a previous online order and didn't want to let it expire. AAP had the kit for $92, so it only cost me $42+tax. I added a rear wiper and cabin air filter to the order to get it qualified for free whipping. Maybe I'll get them in sometime this week!....maybe... One of the things i want to do when I get them in is put my truck up on the alignment rack and check air pressure versus rear camber change. I'll post the results.

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Hey Doc, I was thinking about getting the deluxe suspension package. how easy was it to install and did it affect the ride or did you have it get the pathy realigned afterwards?
thanks RCA

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:52 pm

RCAPathfinder wrote:Hey Doc, I was thinking about getting the deluxe suspension package. how easy was it to install and did it affect the ride or did you have it get the pathy realigned afterwards?
thanks RCA
take a read through my thread:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

me specifically? no i didn't have any real alignment problems, but it did take 2-3 alignments to get it right after it settled. i remember seeing that some others had rear alignment problems, but i think that was with other springs.

ThePainClinic

Postby ThePainClinic » Sat May 11, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm confused...will the Airlift 1000 work with stock coils and Rancho rear spacers?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sat May 11, 2013 10:37 pm

ThePainClinic wrote:I'm confused...will the Airlift 1000 work with stock coils and Rancho rear spacers?
yes, that should work just fine. the only 'problem' might be if you put the spacer in the top of the spring instead of the bottom. i don't know the spacer, but if it isn't hollow in the middle, then you'll have to make sure that spacer is in the bottom. the airlift has an airline that runs from inside the spring (where the airbag sits) through the top of the spring, along the body (wherever you decide to run the lines) and then to wherever you want to put the valve stems for the air lines to inflate the bags.

if the spacer is one solid piece, then obviously you can't run the airline out the top of the spring if the spacer is on top. should be able to put the spacer on bottom though and everything will work out fine.

Jegan

Postby Jegan » Sun May 12, 2013 6:36 am

smj999smj wrote:Finally bit the bullet and got my Airlift 1000's! I had a $50 coupon from Advance Auto Parts for a previous online order and didn't want to let it expire. AAP had the kit for $92, so it only cost me $42+tax. I added a rear wiper and cabin air filter to the order to get it qualified for free whipping. Maybe I'll get them in sometime this week!....maybe... One of the things i want to do when I get them in is put my truck up on the alignment rack and check air pressure versus rear camber change. I'll post the results.
I would love to see the results of this endeavour. Have you had a moment to check it out? Cheers.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Sun May 12, 2013 8:56 am

doctahjones wrote:
ThePainClinic wrote:I'm confused...will the Airlift 1000 work with stock coils and Rancho rear spacers?
yes, that should work just fine. the only 'problem' might be if you put the spacer in the top of the spring instead of the bottom. i don't know the spacer, but if it isn't hollow in the middle, then you'll have to make sure that spacer is in the bottom. the airlift has an airline that runs from inside the spring (where the airbag sits) through the top of the spring, along the body (wherever you decide to run the lines) and then to wherever you want to put the valve stems for the air lines to inflate the bags.

if the spacer is one solid piece, then obviously you can't run the airline out the top of the spring if the spacer is on top. should be able to put the spacer on bottom though and everything will work out fine.
The Ranchos's are hollow as are the PRG spacers, both the 1 and 2" units, so I think these will work.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Sun May 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Jegan wrote:
smj999smj wrote:Finally bit the bullet and got my Airlift 1000's! I had a $50 coupon from Advance Auto Parts for a previous online order and didn't want to let it expire. AAP had the kit for $92, so it only cost me $42+tax. I added a rear wiper and cabin air filter to the order to get it qualified for free whipping. Maybe I'll get them in sometime this week!....maybe... One of the things i want to do when I get them in is put my truck up on the alignment rack and check air pressure versus rear camber change. I'll post the results.
I would love to see the results of this endeavour. Have you had a moment to check it out? Cheers.
My camber visually changes as ride height changes from 0-30 psi.

I've learned when I take it in for alignment to tell them not to touch the things as I want it level at 7 psi or so where I have the truck unloaded. There's been once or twice I had an alignment done and the next time I check the springs they're at zero.

The upside is this is how I know the air springs with zero psi but capped are still enough to keep the rear of the truck from hitting the bump stops all the time - ride was still very good.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Haven't had time to get her on the alignment rack yet to experiment. Been to buzy with other work, out-of-state funeral, etc., etc. You know, "life stuff." One of these days!

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”