3" body lift

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

iheartmypathy

3" body lift

Postby iheartmypathy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 am

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has done a 3" body lift (this one specifically - https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -5496.html). If so, how long did it take to install? Any issues as you went along?

Thanks!
-D

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:57 am

im curious as well about this. i know a few people will say not to get a body lift, but i still want to get it.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:35 pm

That $$ would be better spent towards a suspension lift of some sort. As has been said in the past, BL's don't offer anything other than larger tire options. Personally, I don't like the way they leave a small gap (especially at 3") between the body and frame, as well as the strange sight from the side of the vehicle where you've got the chassis once again looking as if it's hanging low. Then there's the large distance from the rear tailpipe and body.

Aside from that, 33's fit nicely with slight modifications on an otherwise stock height Pathfinder. I would still say put that 375$ towards suspension. Though this isn't the strongest platform for lifting/articulation in general, there are still a few, IMO better options for adding slightly more wheel travel as well as adding some height. Also, I bet installing a suspension kits would be easier than a BL.

But to answer your question, no I've not noticed anyone on here at least that posts semi often/frequently with that kit.

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Blech, yeah don't put anything over 1" on for body lift.

2" suspension lift from Bilstein 5100s and 285-75s would be nice, might have to trim some bumper a little

iheartmypathy

Postby iheartmypathy » Fri May 03, 2013 4:55 pm

thanks for the info!

i decided to go with the rancho quick lift and spacers. cant wait to get em installed! :)

simath

Re: 3" body lift

Postby simath » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:22 am

iheartmypathy wrote:Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has done a 3" body lift (this one specifically - https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -5496.html). If so, how long did it take to install? Any issues as you went along?

Thanks!
-D

approximatly one day of 8 hours.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:44 am

My body lift install took less then a day by myself.

Sheeks84

Postby Sheeks84 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Greetings from Australia. Just a quick question for those that have done a bodylift on an r51, what kit did you use and how difficult is it to fit? Any complications with components needing additional work to make it fit?

I'm looking to lift my r51 and want clearance for 33s, but want to keep the suspension geometry close to stick to maintain good alignment and have better drop than compared to a suspension lift.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:21 am

Sheeks84 wrote:Greetings from Australia. Just a quick question for those that have done a bodylift on an r51, what kit did you use and how difficult is it to fit? Any complications with components needing additional work to make it fit?

I'm looking to lift my r51 and want clearance for 33s, but want to keep the suspension geometry close to stick to maintain good alignment and have better drop than compared to a suspension lift.
i used the kit from 4x4parts.com. the install isnt bad i did it by myself it a day. the directions are okay. i would recommend pulling the power steering reserve tank from the bracket before you start cause that was pulled to tight on mine. the only other difficult thing was getting the steering shaft extension on. the kit does include everything that is needed and you will actually have extra pieces left over. they had sent me the wrong rear bumper brackets but overnighted the correct part and i had it the next day and no problems.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”