Replace rear lower suspension arms

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Replace rear lower suspension arms

Postby disallow » Wed May 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Hey all,

One of the projects I am contemplating for the summer is to replace my rear lower suspension arms.

I tried to get a 4 wheel alignment on my rig 2 winters ago, and could not get the rear wheels done as the adjustment bolts were seized. Using a torch isn't really an option, as the bushings in the lower suspension arm will get cooked. Fortunately, the alignment was not that far out, so there is a minimal effect on my tire wear. But I'd rather be able to get an alignment.

So I'm left with replacing the lower suspension arms, as well as the camber adjustment bolts. I don't think I need to do my shocks, though I guess they are about 3 years old.

Any other suggestions of parts that should be replaced? Or even better, any way for me to avoid having to replace these things in the first place?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri May 10, 2013 1:33 pm

It depresses me that nobody else has had this problem... :( Stupid crappy manitoba roads and stupid road salt!

Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Fri May 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Nothing constructive to add, but I live in "Tundra" Bay and will gladly trade you roads :lol:

Post up if you do it yourself as I'm sure I'll need to replicate the procedure before too long. The truck has endured a pretty serious beating on washed out gravel roads so far this spring.

H.

Taavi

Re: Replace rear lower suspension arms

Postby Taavi » Fri May 10, 2013 3:11 pm

disallow wrote: So I'm left with replacing the lower suspension arms, as well as the camber adjustment bolts. I don't think I need to do my shocks, though I guess they are about 3 years old.

Any other suggestions of parts that should be replaced? Or even better, any way for me to avoid having to replace these things in the first place?
I'm facing with similar issue.. After a little googling I found this:
http://febest.org.ua/avto-zapchasti/ana ... dney_tyagi

I haven't tried this but it might work..

charliecain

Postby charliecain » Sun May 12, 2013 10:38 am

Sorry just seen your post. I'm having the same problem. I cant read the link as i think it's in Turkish. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Taavi

Postby Taavi » Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 am

charliecain wrote:Sorry just seen your post. I'm having the same problem. I cant read the link as i think it's in Turkish. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.
Try Google Translate:

http://translate.google.ee/translate?hl ... dney_tyagi

The original page is in Ukrainian or in Russian.

The point in short is to cut the bolt and replace the bushing as the bolt is stuck in it - no need to replace whole arm.

Part No: NAB-208 OEM:551B0-EA500

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 pm

I had Nissan replace one of my lower control arms when it died. The parts list was essentially the LCA and the associated bolts, nothing else. I think the shop had to use a torch to loosen everything up...they said it was pretty bad.

Seems to be a Pathfinder issue, but at least the LCA's are so cheap there's no point in looking for replacement bushings or going through the hassle of installing them.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”