Info on lifts

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

DNance

Info on lifts

Postby DNance » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Ive been looking around at different lifts and have looked at some lifts for the frontier as well. Ive been told a frontier will fit a pathfinder I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure if a frontier suspension would fit my 07 pathfinder as well to open up a few more options.

canderso

Postby canderso » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Front suspension is the same. The rear suspension is completely different as the Pathfinder is an independent rear (IRS) and the Frontier is a solid axle rear.

DNance

Postby DNance » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Right. I knew if I was able to buy a frontier kit then I would still have to buy a coil spacer kit or something for the rear. I just haven't had much luck so far finding a good lift for my pathfinder like I've always been able to for my toyotas and my jeeps. If you know of any let me know thanks for the info.

canderso

Postby canderso » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 pm

The lift kit options for the R51 Pathfinders, will boil down to the following:

1) how much do you want to spend
2) are you concerned with articulation for off road performance
3) are you more concerned with higher stance and mostly on road manners

I went with the Bilstein ride height adjustables in the front, using the factory springs. In the rear, I added a spacer and the air lift 1000 air bags. The front and rear lift netted 2" of lift. This combination is good for road and light duty forest service trails.

I will likely decrease the height of the front Bilstein and add the height back in with a spacer and use an aftermarket long travel UCA. This would be the middle point along the way to eventually using Radflo coil overs in the front and Radflo shocks in the rear, with perhaps OME lift springs. The eventual goal will be more articulation for off roading. I currently cannot afford that step, but wanted some increased ride height for my current needs vs wants.

Ranchos makes some well liked lift struts for the front that come preloaded. That makes the front install go much faster, the Ranchos' are actually ride adjustable, not height, by ride quality. Could be a nice option as it allows you to tune your ride to the conditions.

Check out 4x4parts.com also known as Automotive Customizers. They are Nissan people and specialize in the XTerraz, Frontiers, and Pathfinders.

You can also check out PRG. They make some nice stuff.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:58 am

This is, IMO, the best and most functional "kit" out there. Although it's not a "kit" per se', aside from the front suspension.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2558

It will be pricey. About 2200 -2500$ for parts, depends on if you get the external reservoir shocks or not. And of course with all that suspension, you wont want to keep the stock tires, so there goes several more hundred. But with disconnected sway bars, this gives the most travel and articulation and most capability offroad, as far as suspension is concerned.

OME for the rear springs:
http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfindersus.html

PRG for all the other stuff (Front UCA's, coilovers and rear shocks)
www.prgproducts.com

Call Greg for your set-up, he can give you the best advice for what you're after, such as spring rates, etc. You can even piece together budget kit from PRG with spacers and such that will probably only be half the priced I mentioned up above.

And also for a series of everything mixed in, which gives you the ability to REALLY play around with set-ups:
www.4x4parts.com

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”