Strut/coil spacer lift

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

AussiePathmaker

Strut/coil spacer lift

Postby AussiePathmaker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:02 am

I'm looking to lift my 07 STL and came across this kit. Anyone on here purchased one or can give any feedback? 3" seems like a lot of lift will this cause CV issues?

item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=251322845207

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:53 am

I wouldn't do it. Front spacer lifts will net you even worse wheel travel than before/stock and the UCA will contact the strut/spring due to that.

I'll also bet that it isn't 3" in front. You also will have absolutely no down travel in front.

AussiePathmaker

Postby AussiePathmaker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks, I think I'll go for a spring and coil lift kit. It seems 2" is the maximum lift without going for something like the Calmini kit. Is that correct?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:09 pm

AussiePathmaker wrote:Thanks, I think I'll go for a spring and coil lift kit. It seems 2" is the maximum lift without going for something like the Calmini kit. Is that correct?
That's about right, 2.5" seems to be the norm. Any more than that and the pre-load on the spring might be a bit much and make the ride harsher than it needs to be. CV angle becomes a concern at 2.5", but then there's always the Titan swap long travel kit. But that becomes very pricey.

I'd say quality coilovers and UCA's for best performance.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”