Please help

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Mfed276

Please help

Postby Mfed276 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Ok guys bout 6 months ago I had to do the while tranny fix thing. Pathfinder seemed to be going good then my front drive shaft started to go out. Then about 45mins ago this happen to me while driving in snow
Well heres my problem, I got the '05 4x4 model, I do off road with it but always with care (as tough the truck is, it is not a 100% off road machine)

For a couple of weeks now Ive seen the 4x4 Orange light in the dashboard, and sometimes when the car is in "P" Parking I get a red flashing ATP light.

What really scares me is that the little diagram with the 4 tires (at the left of the dashboard) starts to blink and the 4x4 Lo light comes to play too.

What the manual says is to put the car on neutral and simply engage the 4x4 wait a second and then engage the 4x2 again.

Please all the info and help would be very nice to have. Thanks guys

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:53 am

visual inspection of the powertrain is a must. Verify all the driveshafts and linkages are in top shape.

Next, check fluid levels and quality in both the transmission and the transfer case

Next I would check for any loose connections, damaged wiring or the like.

Failing finding any issues in the above, its a trip to your trust mechanic to pull codes from the BCM to determine what the issue is. Could be an internal issue in your transfer case, as the 4wd on the fly does have moving parts, there could very well be an issue there.

t

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”