LS1 in an R51?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

BO4THSS

LS1 in an R51?

Postby BO4THSS » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:59 am

Does anyone have any experience swapping a 5.7L in a R51? This may seem sacrilegious to some in this forum, but my other car is a 4th gen Camaro that I'm thinking about dropping a BBC into. Will the 5.7 fit in a 06 LE? Will the frame handle about 450hp? To keep the 4wd, was thinking of using a 4L60E out of a Silverado or equivalent. My LE is currently awaiting an all too well known trans replacement, which might help me warm the wife to the swap idea. And I figure daydreaming about a nasty sounding cam in my LE is healthier than plans for world domination... Any input or experience would be great! :twisted:

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:22 am

Well Nissan manages to cram a 5.6L in the '08+ models so depending on the overall size of the 5.7L it might fit. They made some front-end changes compared to your '06 model but I'm sure they're a little more picky about the fit than you would be.

I'd probably sell the small block and use the money to mod what you have. Stillen has a supercharger available that still keeps the PF very daily-driver friendly (i.e no pissed off wife) and pretty stout performance.

I think to do the full drivetrain change you're talking will require gutting most of the electronics and turning the PF into a go-cart.

Anything is possible with enough $$ though.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”