Trans service went better than expected

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

ericscott

Trans service went better than expected

Postby ericscott » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:56 am

I dropped my 2007 Pathfinder off at the dealer to get a transmission service. It has been shifting hard and I figured a flush and fill would do the trick.

I just got a call from the service department. They said that the coolant and transmission fluid have been mixing together and the trans service will not help... He said that it needs a new transmission and a radiator. How much is that going to cost you ask? NOTHING!!!! It's covered under a factory warranty until 80k miles and it's not going to cost me a dime.

Good thing I brought it in, because I am at 76k miles now.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:29 am

Excellent timing indeed. It sounds like you weren't familiar with the extended warranty on these. Nissan sent out letters a couple years ago. I have to wonder how many people have ended up paying for the repair? I'm sure many folks would skip the dealer and just go to an independent shop for a high mileage vehicle.

ericscott

Postby ericscott » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:42 am

skinny2 wrote:Excellent timing indeed. It sounds like you weren't familiar with the extended warranty on these. Nissan sent out letters a couple years ago. I have to wonder how many people have ended up paying for the repair? I'm sure many folks would skip the dealer and just go to an independent shop for a high mileage vehicle.
I wasn't familiar at all, especially since I just picked it up this past September.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”