Engine Codes

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

jasong40

Engine Codes

Postby jasong40 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:24 pm

I have a 2008 Pathfinder V6. Little history on it... It overheated couple months back and both heads became warped. I had the heads shaved and got a kit with new gaskets, ttensioners,water pump, chains etc. I put the engine back and was running rough with no power so I checked the catalyst converters and they were Clogged so I cleaned them now jeep has power but running rough so I changed all the coils and plugs and the jeep was still running rough and gave code P0301 then swiched back to the old coil and received code P0304 then changed that coil and received code P0302 changed that coil and jeep is still running rough with the same P0302 code can anyone help?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:43 am

I'm not sure what "cleaning" the converters entails. Usually if they are clogged, you need to replace them. I would do an exhaust back pressure test to make sure there is no exhaust restriction before doing anything else.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”