How many Trouble free miles to expect of my 08 Pathfinder ?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:52 pm

LessThanZero wrote:
clean all the harness grounds per a TSB to resolve a U1000 trouble code.
Explain this, I am not sure what it means
I had a check engine light with a U1000 CAN communication trouble code stored. There is a Nissan TSB regarding CEL "on" w/ U1000 and/or U1010 CAN comm codes stored in the memory, along with specific freeze frame data outlined in the bulletin. This bulletin covers various mid-2000's Nissan models. The fix is to clean a number of harness ground points where there is a ground eyelet attached to the chassis with a bolt. Some are in the engine compartment and some are in the passenger compartment, behind the dash or kick panels. The TSB shows where these points are for the given models and instructs to clean those ground points. Most of the grounds are fairly easy to access, but some are very difficult without pulling the dashboard.

LessThanZero

Postby LessThanZero » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:53 pm

smj999smj wrote:
LessThanZero wrote:
clean all the harness grounds per a TSB to resolve a U1000 trouble code.
Explain this, I am not sure what it means
I had a check engine light with a U1000 CAN communication trouble code stored. There is a Nissan TSB regarding CEL "on" w/ U1000 and/or U1010 CAN comm codes stored in the memory, along with specific freeze frame data outlined in the bulletin. This bulletin covers various mid-2000's Nissan models. The fix is to clean a number of harness ground points where there is a ground eyelet attached to the chassis with a bolt. Some are in the engine compartment and some are in the passenger compartment, behind the dash or kick panels. The TSB shows where these points are for the given models and instructs to clean those ground points. Most of the grounds are fairly easy to access, but some are very difficult without pulling the dashboard.
Ugh, sounds like fun......

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”