Would Armada rear springs fit in a Path?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Clay350

Would Armada rear springs fit in a Path?

Postby Clay350 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Im sick of my waterbed rear springs. I have airbags but they are a bandaid for weak springs. I was thinking of cost affective solutions and thought of the Armada. Does anyone know if OEM Armada springs would work?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Why not these? Armada's are probably the same as R51 OEM. Or airbags?

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=75

RacerZX wrote:Yeah, get your own thread punks ;-)

I scored some lift time today and the 4x4parts.com rear springs are awesome! Unloaded they jacked up my rear wheel arch gaps by just .5 inches, but loaded with 300lbs of people in the back seat and another 200lbs in the trunk (yes we measured it, 500.2lbs total to be exact :lol: ) the rear wheel arches were a full inch higher than stock.

I.E:

Before installing the springs I had 4" of gap up front, 4.5" at the rear. Loaded the rear sank to just a 3" gap, obviously sagging badly. With the new springs unloaded now it's 4" front and 5" rear, and then loaded with 500lbs the rear is still at 4". Perfecto! And that's without any silly spring cutting like I had been planning, just the 4x4parts.com rear heavy duty springs out of the box (and I might add while they are stiffer, their free length is also about an inch shorter than stock, so they did exactly what I was talking about already for me :P )

Their description is CRAP, but the springs are awesome, two thumbs up, can't wait to get some driving time in to feel how the rear end sways and tracks with the front now:
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -5637.html

And it fits in the garage! Wohoo! Well, actually, it juuuust touches, but I'm sure it'll settle over the next month or two:

Lastly, do NOT expect to do this job with a spring compressor, the lower spring perch totally inhibits that option. You'll need to support the spring perch with a tranny jack and take off the outboard bolt and lower it down. Assembly is the reverse, though getting the bolt hole to line up just right is a bit of a PITA...

Now I have a spare Air 1000 spring kit since I have no plans to do any real towing. Anybody want it for free? It's not worth trying to return at this point, but you pay for shipping from my closest UPS Store...

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:33 pm

+1 for airbags. For $80 you can adjust your rear suspension from "waterbed" to "Flintstones" and everywhere in between.

Clay350

Postby Clay350 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:52 am

Thanks those springs look like a good option. The price isnt all that bad either

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”