DIY: Rear Differential Fluid

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Sat May 31, 2014 7:54 pm

ShipFixer wrote:It's 45,000 miles

http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R51/Service/MA.pdf

That being said most people never change it...
Thanks for clarifying that.

Jays2010

Postby Jays2010 » Sat May 31, 2014 8:10 pm

Thanks OP, i used this to help me change the diff oil in my 2010 today. Piece of cake.

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Sat May 31, 2014 10:20 pm

Jays2010 wrote:Thanks OP, i used this to help me change the diff oil in my 2010 today. Piece of cake.
You're Welcome. I'm glad you were about to use this DIY. Learn a little save a bunch. :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:38 am

Path-Less wrote:
Nissan doesn't even have a service interval for diff oil replacement on the R51's.
They might not have a specified mileage for it to be changed in the manual, but i was told by Nissan its recommend to be changed every 60k under normal driving conditions?
Define "Nissan." By Nissan are we talking about the manufacturer, or are we talking about a Nissan dealer? Many dealers (I worked for several Nissan dealers for a total of 16 years) will tell you that you need a service at a specific interval which has no basis on what the factory recommends. They'll sell you every service under the sun if you let them! Consult your Nissan Maintenance and Service Guide that came with the vehicle.

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:47 am

smj999smj wrote:
Path-Less wrote:
Nissan doesn't even have a service interval for diff oil replacement on the R51's.
They might not have a specified mileage for it to be changed in the manual, but i was told by Nissan its recommend to be changed every 60k under normal driving conditions?
Define "Nissan." By Nissan are we talking about the manufacturer, or are we talking about a Nissan dealer? Many dealers (I worked for several Nissan dealers for a total of 16 years) will tell you that you need a service at a specific interval which has no basis on what the factory recommends. They'll sell you every service under the sun if you let them! Consult your Nissan Maintenance and Service Guide that came with the vehicle.
I was referring to the local Nissan dealership that I called. Otherwise, you are correct. I have worked at numerous dealerships and this is a very true statement.. They will sell you anything if you let them and that doesn't necessarily mean that you need it. I guess that's why they are aka "STEALERSHIPS"

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:49 pm

I really need to do this....

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”