No acceleration! !! please help!!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:24 pm

does not sound good :(

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:14 pm

DanJetta wrote:I hate to have to tell you this but I think you have the classic coolant/transmission contamination. The truck will often throw a P1754 code and go into limp mode. I'll bet if you drain your trannie, you'd find some coolant. A transmission valve body is quite fragile so it only takes a little bit.
So, from what i've read so far, if i find some sort of coolant in my tranny then my tranny is done for??? I cant jus flush it out and do the mod and put new fluid into the tranny?

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 pm

weezys05path wrote:So, from what i've read so far, if i find some sort of coolant in my tranny then my tranny is done for??? I cant jus flush it out and do the mod and put new fluid into the tranny?
Correct. What we've learned is that once the fluids have mixed, it's the beginning of the end and the death usually happens very quickly. If you catch the mixture extremely early and have not experienced any physical symptoms (shuttering, flaring, mis-shifting, etc) a flush may be able to slow the demise. Usually, if you're at the point where you're getting codes, the damage has been done.

All that said, it is possible that your problem is something else. I believe there was a TSB for something non-transmission related to that code in '05 Pathfinders.

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:31 am

DanJetta wrote:
weezys05path wrote:So, from what i've read so far, if i find some sort of coolant in my tranny then my tranny is done for??? I cant jus flush it out and do the mod and put new fluid into the tranny?
Correct. What we've learned is that once the fluids have mixed, it's the beginning of the end and the death usually happens very quickly. If you catch the mixture extremely early and have not experienced any physical symptoms (shuttering, flaring, mis-shifting, etc) a flush may be able to slow the demise. Usually, if you're at the point where you're getting codes, the damage has been done.

All that said, it is possible that your problem is something else. I believe there was a TSB for something non-transmission related to that code in '05 Pathfinders.
Well I need to get a good look at the fluids then cause for the past 2 days, I haven't been in limp mode but the service light still on... as of right now the car is running fine and shifting good... so my question is if this is the Tranny fluid problem, would I stay in limp mode completely? Or is usual for the limp mode to go on and off?

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:31 pm

DanJetta wrote:

I have one last question.. is it possible to get the transmission rebuilt instead of getting a new or used one?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”