No acceleration! !! please help!!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

weezys05path

No acceleration! !! please help!!

Postby weezys05path » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:45 pm

Ok so like the title says... the service light turns on and the acceleration is bad... will not go over 3k rpm... what is it and how much will it cost me to fix it??? Please help...

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: No acceleration! !! please help!!

Postby eieio » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:58 pm

weezys05path wrote:Ok so like the title says... the service light turns on and the acceleration is bad... will not go over 3k rpm... what is it and how much will it cost me to fix it??? Please help...
..........you need to get the code read
also, there is a recall campaign to replace a relay (performance can be affected)
has it been done?

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:38 pm

eieio wrote:
weezys05path wrote:Ok so like the title says... the service light turns on and the acceleration is bad... will not go over 3k rpm... what is it and how much will it cost me to fix it??? Please help...
also, there is a recall campaign to replace a relay (performance can be affected)
has it been done?
I don't think the relay has been replaced... I jus bought the car a month ago... and from the carfax, it has had no major issues other then regular tuneups...

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:51 pm

weezys05path wrote:
eieio wrote:
has it been done?
I don't think the relay has been replaced... I jus bought the car a month ago... and from the carfax, it has had no major issues other then regular tuneups...
.........it may be the problem
I seem to remember that if the relay fails, it will put the powertrain in "limp" mode
check with Nissan North America to find out if it is eligible for any recall repairs
you will need to have the VIN handy
still need to get the code read

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:21 pm

eieio wrote:
weezys05path wrote:
eieio wrote: ..........you need to get the code read
has it been done?
.........it may be the problem
I seem to remember that if the relay fails, it will put the powertrain in "limp" mode
check with Nissan North America to find out if it is eligible for any recall repairs
you will need to have the VIN handy
still need to get the code read
Yea got the code p1754...

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:41 pm

i looked it up and it says its the Input clutch solenoid valve which is controlled by the TCM (transmission control module) which is causing it to throw out the code and acceleration... how much is it to replace the TCM?

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Has anyone else had this problem?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:53 pm

weezys05path wrote:i looked it up and it says its the Input clutch solenoid valve which is controlled by the TCM (transmission control module) which is causing it to throw out the code and acceleration... how much is it to replace the TCM?
are you sure it's the TCM, or might the solenoid valve be failing/failed?

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm

eieio wrote:
weezys05path wrote:i looked it up and it says its the Input clutch solenoid valve which is controlled by the TCM (transmission control module) which is causing it to throw out the code and acceleration... how much is it to replace the TCM?
I'm not sure... thats why i asked if anyone else has had this problem and had it fixed... i'll be taking it in to get a look at soon...cant be driving it like this...

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 am

weezys05path wrote:
eieio wrote:
I'm not sure... thats why i asked if anyone else has had this problem and had it fixed... i'll be taking it in to get a look at soon...cant be driving it like this...
have you checked for the coolant contamination of the transmission fluid issue?
it may be related

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:32 am

eieio wrote:
weezys05path wrote:
eieio wrote: are you sure it's the TCM, or might the solenoid valve be failing/failed?
have you checked for the coolant contamination of the transmission fluid issue?
it may be related
I checked radiator... it's clean...

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:34 am

weezys05path wrote:I checked radiator... it's clean...
that's good, but you need to check a sample of the trans fluid
best way is to do the by-pass (for now), and with the hoses disconnected, drain a sample of the fluid into a clean dry container, and take a careful look at it
it should be reddish to brown, but MUST have no "milky" or "milkshake" appearance to it

weezys05path

Postby weezys05path » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:37 am

eieio wrote:
weezys05path wrote:I checked radiator... it's clean...
that's good, but you need to check a sample of the trans fluid
best way is to do the by-pass (for now), and with the hoses disconnected, drain a sample of the fluid into a clean dry container, and take a careful look at it
it should be reddish to brown, but MUST have no "milky" or "milkshake" appearance to it
Where is the Tranny hose located at?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:14 pm

hope it's not too late for you to become familiar with this thread
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ss&start=0
it's required reading, there will be a quiz :shock:
seriously though, it's a long read, but an important one :wink:
on pg 8, there is a post & diagram by a member called "bellwilliam"
it's the diagram on how to do the bypass
I'd recommend that while you are doing the bypass, drain & inspect some trans fluid
the bypass takes about 40 minutes and requires no replacement or additional parts (other than a little extra trans fluid to top off, which is sometimes not even necessary).
:)

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:04 pm

I hate to have to tell you this but I think you have the classic coolant/transmission contamination. The truck will often throw a P1754 code and go into limp mode. I'll bet if you drain your trannie, you'd find some coolant. A transmission valve body is quite fragile so it only takes a little bit.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”