2010 Pathfinder S Cranks but Will Not Start when Cold

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

jah_00

2010 Pathfinder S Cranks but Will Not Start when Cold

Postby jah_00 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:22 am

I have a 2010 Pathfinder S 4L V6 engine. Now that it is cold out, my Pathfinder will not start. I had some trouble starting it the last month in the morning when it was cold, but then when it warmed up it seems to start up okay. I replaced the battery and cleaned the connectors so that is not the problem. And it isn't the starter. It will crank over but just not start. Any ideas? Its been really cold out and I can't get it to start.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:58 am

Are you running the recommend oil weight? And if changed at a dealer I would be careful as I know a teck at a Ford dealership and he tells me everything there gets 5w30 weather it requires it or not as that's what they get cheep in bulk. (Why I change my own oil). If you had like 10w40 in there this could be an issue with your cold weather starting. Mine started fine at -12F yesterday (slight tick for one second I did not care for) but it started fine.

If your battery and starter are fine and its throwing no codes? I'm at a loss?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”