squeaking belt

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

lfhs

squeaking belt

Postby lfhs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi guys, I got a 05 Pathfinder with 57k miles on it, on cold start the accessory bell make an squeak noise, but as soon as I put silicone on it just stop, I already change the pulley and the tensor twice, as well as ran to my local Autozone and replaced the belt twice already (both times I got a different one). With the first belt the noise was louder (i can heard it from inside my cabin), the second one is lower but still there when is too cold or humidity is high. There is a service bulletin for this truck but doesn't apply to my engine model, I even try to see if is the alternator and/or power steering pulley and or bearing but both are good. Amy suggestion about what can it be? noise is driving me crazy and can't get any solution

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:11 pm

I went through the same thing with aftermarket belts. Try a genuine Nissan belt from the dealership. Not sure what the difference is but it's the only belt that doesn't squeal and chirp on mine.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Check the alignment of the power steering pump.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”