Vibrations when stopped at idle

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

longwaymatt

Vibrations when stopped at idle

Postby longwaymatt » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:21 pm

I have a 2006 nissan pathfinder with 4wd and the V6. There seems to be an issue for the first couple miles of driving each day. When stopped or in park there is a vibration coming the engine/transmission region. I recently had the transmission replaced so I think that may have something to do with it, in the way they put everything back. But like I said it seems to go away after a few miles of driving. This is my first nissan so I'm wondering if these vibrations are just typical with this rig.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:56 pm

R51's aren't exactly the smoothest idling vehicles; the VQ40DE does tend to idle a bit rough. That said, you may want to check your motor mounts, because there have been some problems with them and a TSB on the issue.

lilchop2701

2008 LE V8 2WD Engine Vibration only in park or neutral

Postby lilchop2701 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:18 am

I have a 2008 with the V8 and strangely it has a vibration as well. At idle in park or neutral its pretty smooth but if you rev it gradually it has some noticeable vibration starting at about 1250 rpm on up. But when in gear and driving there seems to be no vibration it revs very smooth while going though the shifts. I don't know if it has to do with the VVT or if this engine even has Variable Valve Timing. I am curious about this if anyone could shed some light on the subject.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 am

I've had mine since brand new. It has a slight/quick vibration while stopped at a traffic light since day one. From what I've read around here it's normal. But since you just had the tranny replaced, I'm not sure.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”