Persistend P0345 I am lost! Any ideas?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

alecsey

Persistend P0345 I am lost! Any ideas?

Postby alecsey » Fri May 15, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi, did anybody experience this? Dealer replaced camshaft position sensor back in october 2014 after p0345 came on. Then p0345 came on again in February 2015, dealer replaced canshaft sensor again. Then after driving mere 50 miles p0345 came back on. This time the dealer did diagnostic procedure and every step checked out ok. They said camshaft sensor is OK and no need to replace it. The dealer concluded it was my weak battery causing the error code. They put in new battery. After 30 miles my car starts stalling and hesitating and engine cuts off couple of times, then p0345 is back on. I reset the error code and my car drives OK another 20 miles.

Please does anybody have any ideas or suggestions, I am totally lost. Thanks!
Last edited by alecsey on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

lebanesepathy

Postby lebanesepathy » Sat May 16, 2015 2:25 am

I had both a bad sensor and a weak bat. Before the sensor went of it used to take seconds to fire up. Replaced the faulty sensor and the bat did cause misoperating. Changed it he same day and everything went fine. Btw use some good engine oil and make sure its clean inside cause you need the sensor to be clean in order to work fine.

alecsey

Postby alecsey » Sat May 16, 2015 6:23 am

lebanesepathy wrote:I had both a bad sensor and a weak bat. Before the sensor went of it used to take seconds to fire up. Replaced the faulty sensor and the bat did cause misoperating. Changed it he same day and everything went fine. Btw use some good engine oil and make sure its clean inside cause you need the sensor to be clean in order to work fine.
Thanks for your comment!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”