2005 pathfinder standard edition has a noise issue

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

pooby

2005 pathfinder standard edition has a noise issue

Postby pooby » Thu May 28, 2015 5:10 pm

It has started making a noise hard to describe it.Best way i can would be a high pitch sound when i only hit the accelerator.Dosent do it when i put it in park and give it gas. Just when im moving.It is running great just concearned with this new sound.Sound isnt real loud but it gets annoying.Check engine soon light is on.Anybody experience anything like this.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:07 pm

It's hard to say without hearing the noise for oneself. I would recommend you have a reputable mechanic check it out, or at least get the code read for starters.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:51 am

Pooby

I have an 06 making a sound much like you are describing; like a electrical whining sound, only when driving. You can hear it decreas as trans shifts. But is sounds engine related.

I have 140k on original plugs and was wondering if they could be the problem.

ccordt

Postby ccordt » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Has anyone found the cause? I seem to have the exact same issue… My 06 Pathfinder SE makes a whining/squeaking noise under acceleration between zero and 20 mph but disa has anyone found the cause? I seem to have the exact same issue… My 06 Pathfinder SE makes a whining/squeaking noise under acceleration between zero and 20 mph than pears when I let off the gas.

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:29 pm

ccordt wrote:Has anyone found the cause? I seem to have the exact same issue… My 06 Pathfinder SE makes a whining/squeaking noise under acceleration between zero and 20 mph but disa has anyone found the cause? I seem to have the exact same issue… My 06 Pathfinder SE makes a whining/squeaking noise under acceleration between zero and 20 mph than pears when I let off the gas.
Another user just had this same issue and it turned out that the noise was caused by a aftermarket filter. He replaced it with a Genuine Nissan oil filter and it fixed the problem. They told him it was cause because of the amount of pressure build up in the aftermarket filter.

If it is not that then it could possibly be the timing chain making the noise from what I read.

Hope this help!

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:30 am

Can the oil pressure difference from an after market oil filter make this noise?

I only hear it on acceleration

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:14 pm

dawgn86 wrote:Can the oil pressure difference from an after market oil filter make this noise?

I only hear it on acceleration
i would hope not!
it probably isn't an oil pressure difference as much as the way the oil flows through the filter
i don't care for aftermarket filters at all
i don't see the point of using them, as they are probably no more efficient and their price isn't really any cheaper, especially if a problem is encountered with them
i like to use what I know works well, unless there is some compelling reason to do otherwise

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Closest Nissan dealer to me is an hour's drive. I usually buy several Nissan filters at a time, but occasionally run out. In those cases, I usually go with Purolator Pure One. Purolator also makes Motorcraft and Bosch Distance Plus oil filters, among others. I haven't had any issues with any of them. AC Delco oil filters are also very good.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”