What brand of camshaft position sensor to get

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

alecsey

What brand of camshaft position sensor to get

Postby alecsey » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi,

I have P0345 and need new camshaft poistion sensor bank2. I was thinking to get one on RockAuto.com but they have many different brands and I don't know what brand to get. One thing I know is that I don't want to get Nissan OEM sensor. Can anybody share their experience with 3rd party cam sensors? Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:49 pm

I've seen lots of issues with aftermarket cam and crank position sensors. You may not want a Nissan sensor, but it is probably the best one to get. Rockauto sells Hitachi, which is the OE supplier of the sensors to Nissan, along with Mitsubishi. Delphi typically is very good, but I've never used any of their cam or crank sensors.

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Yeah, I had to replace mine this very time last year and remember reading up on it and discovering that the aftermarket sensors were not 100% reliable, or the best to buy. I went with a Nissan sensor, which yeah it was expensive. But I've not had to worry about it since. Good luck.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”