Transmission issue but not the radiator cause

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

klots007

Transmission issue but not the radiator cause

Postby klots007 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi, I'm new here. Got the 2005 car 1.5 years ago with new transmission at around 105K and did bypass myself. Now it has 124K and here is my question:
while cruising I noticed a light slip, like overrev, at around 2K rpms at 50ish mph. The slip comes for a 1 sec and then dissappears. It jumps RPMs to 2.5K and back where it was. My foot is resting on peddal when it happens. Feels like slipping clutch in manual car. My coolants are clean, I checked just incase. I feel the car and I know it smth new. Any ideas

klots007

Postby klots007 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:14 pm

Ok I found it. I've been towing my boat 4.5K lbs for about 1500 miles last season and beginning of this month. Thin film of oil on dipstick shows that oil is clean only if you drain it into bigger container you see how burn it is. When oil is burn it looses its viscosity and ability to work under pressure and change gears. So I decided to start with changing the oil and that was it. Again, the symptoms were like slipping clutches.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”