New Exhaust Help!!!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Michael A

New Exhaust Help!!!

Postby Michael A » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:14 pm

I am having very little luck on finding a new exhaust for my 2011 Pathfinder V6. I am new to the Pathfinder so I am not sure what may be similar or compatible with my year. Most sites I look on do not have an exhaust listed for mine. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

dcommoncents

Postby dcommoncents » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:52 pm

I can't be certain as I haven't looked into this myself, but I would imagine that any exhaust for the same year frontier would fit since they are the same vehicle, mechanically speaking. However, I think the frontier has a solid rear axle, so the exhaust path might be different in the back.

Michael A

Postby Michael A » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:06 am

That's what I figured. I spoke with a guy from Nissan and he said that the Frontier and Pathfinder are pretty similar. I'll have to find a diagram of both and compare the route of the exhaust, clamp locations, etc. It would just be a cat-back so it shouldn't be that complicated. Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Well, they are pretty similar except when you get to the rear axle, and then they are completely different! Frontiers/Xterras have a solid axle with leaf springs and the R51 Pathy has independent suspension with multiple control arms and coils springs and jackshafts. A custom exhaust shop should be able to fabricate a system for you.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”