Transmission bypass hose came apart

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Ryan7

Transmission bypass hose came apart

Postby Ryan7 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:20 am

Today my transmission bypass let go and poured transmission all over the road causing my vehicle to not move as if it was in neutral. Ended up having it towed to my grandfather's garage and put it up on the lift and reconnected the tubes back together. Just a total shitshow. Picked up 5 quarts of Amalie S-Matic fluid (non Nissan fluid) and poured 4.5 in. Seems to be back at the correct level. My question is, should I have this drained and put the Nissan brand in, or just leave it as is?

I drove it around for awhile and it seems to be fine right now. Should I be worrying about any possible transmission damage? There were no signs of any slippage or shuttering up until it basically gave out.

stmcelroy

Postby stmcelroy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:54 am

If it's going you're probably good.

Don't worry about non-Nissan ATF, seems like most run something besides it.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:10 am

why did your by-pass "let go"?
if you lost that much fluid (near 50%) and the truck came to a stop as a result, there is the likelihood of damage to the transmission.
if you are going to do a "wait & see", I'd recommend doing it with the correct fluid (or equivalent).

Ryan7

Postby Ryan7 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:59 am

eieio wrote:why did your by-pass "let go"?
if you lost that much fluid (near 50%) and the truck came to a stop as a result, there is the likelihood of damage to the transmission.
if you are going to do a "wait & see", I'd recommend doing it with the correct fluid (or equivalent).
One of the hoses that's connected to the barb fitting came loose. I stopped the vehicle immediately after it happened.

I've drove another 30 miles this morning and its driving fine, no stuttering or slippage

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:30 am

Amalie-S is a synthetic ATF that can be used in Nissan-Matic "D," "J," "S," "K," and "W" applications.

http://www.amalie.com/Universal-Synthet ... .14.15.pdf

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”