06 path keeps dying out of nowhere

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Nissy

06 path keeps dying out of nowhere

Postby Nissy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi all I'm new to the forum and just would like to get your guys opinion. 05 pathfinder and it Occasionally die while I drive, about three times this week. The battery is fine because when it dies I still have all my electrical things. I Just lose power steering and the engine shuts off. When I try starting it, it wants to turn over but doesn't . I opened the fuse box and replaced the middle 20amp fuse I believe called the eti fuse since that's the one that keeps blowing and it starts back up. Does anyone know why this could be happening and how to fix it?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Obviously, anytime a fuse blow there is a shorted circuit. One would have to look up the wiring diagram for that particular circuit (Factory service manual would be a good place to start) and see what loads are on that circuit and how the circuit is laid out. Usually something like this is best left to someone who as a good amount of experience in automotive electrical work as opposed to they typical DIY'er.

Nissy

Postby Nissy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:40 am

Ok thanks smj

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: 06 path keeps dying out of nowhere

Postby eieio » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:44 am

Nissy wrote:Hi all I'm new to the forum and just would like to get your guys opinion. 05 pathfinder and it Occasionally die while I drive, about three times this week. The battery is fine because when it dies I still have all my electrical things. I Just lose power steering and the engine shuts off. When I try starting it, it wants to turn over but doesn't . I opened the fuse box and replaced the middle 20amp fuse I believe called the eti fuse since that's the one that keeps blowing and it starts back up. Does anyone know why this could be happening and how to fix it?
any electrical modifications or additions?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”