Mod Blueprint for my 2006 LE

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:08 am

Good job! I dont know that I've heard of using high temp copper gasket maker for a rough flange meeting. I'll have to pass that advice along (friend with a new mustang with headers is going through the same process).

Hope your holidays went well, and thanks again for these posts. They really do a number on my shopping list ;)

MattyRetro

Postby MattyRetro » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:33 am

How did that Stillen pulley work for you?? Great write up btw. Hope you update it when you have a chance.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:25 am

MattyRetro wrote:How did that Stillen pulley work for you?? Great write up btw. Hope you update it when you have a chance.
Yeah, I need to get going on this!

The Stillen crank pulley swap is pretty straight forward, but I noticed it was very tight going back in. I'm under the impression that they make the "snout" the same size as the stock pulley then use a Redi-sleeve on it to give it a durable sealing surface. Last time I was under the truck, I noticed that there is a slight oil leak from the front crank seal, now. My concern, based on how tight the fit was, is that the same thing will happen to the new seal once I replace it. It also stinks because I have to drain the coolant out, again, and remove the shroud and fan to get to it. I'll get to it one of these days! They changed my work schedule and I've also been working on my 2003 Frontier SVE, so, I've been a little busy.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”