humming noise

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Well it's been a while so here's what happened.
I ordered from rock auto.com and got the parts, two wheel bearings. I took everything apart and voila!..... Bearings hub didn't fit. So I cursed and swore and then put the old worn out bearings back in and put everything back together.

I got in contact with rockauto.com who then sent me a FedEx return label that I just had to print and tape to the box and send it back. Once they got it and Inspected it for damage they Reid used me my money. I explained to them that the splines on the axle didn't go into the bearing and when compared to the old one it even looked very different. So I ordered a different set and got them today. Awesome and fits like a glove. Two rear wheel hearing hubs installed about 30 Min's per side.

Now I was going to do a write up about how to do it in your driveway and got some pics taken but then my phone died so I only got half the pictures. Oh well, it's super easy and self explanatory anyway and can be done with simple hand tools. Nothing special needed.

So even though I got shitty parts the first time the customer service was awesome and I finally got it all done. I will definitely go back to rockauto.com again. Can't find the parts cheaper any where else and you can pick the brand you want and how much you really want to pay.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Is there a setting on this site where I can see the pictures posted?

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:06 pm

i never posted any pics but i do have some if you like. you need to hist them somewhere like tinypic.com

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”