Anti-theft, no start, security light on

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

bluerebel

Anti-theft, no start, security light on

Postby bluerebel » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:59 pm

Sorry if I'm posting this on the wrong section.

Last night, I wanted to make sure my aux fan is working, so I unplugged the connector between the battery and radiator and jumped it to the battery.... Didn't hear anything and the fan didn't turn on. Gave up, went to go fire up the truck to head out to the gym and it wouldn't start.

It cranks and cranks but won't start. The security light stays lit in the cluster. I tried the unlocking of the door with the key and cycling it three times but still no luck. Read the manual and it said to take it to a dealer if the light wouldn't turn off and the vehicle would fire.

I did just that today. Dealer calls me back and tells me that they're not sure what's causing the issue but that I need to replace my ECM/PCM...they want $1,100 for just the part!!!!!

Checked fuses and they're all ok.

Any advice gentleman/gentleladies?

nikko7mge

Postby nikko7mge » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:12 pm

You try a different key?

bluerebel

Postby bluerebel » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:40 pm

nikko7mge wrote:You try a different key?
I only have one key :(

blah.

Either way, turns out that I fried my ECM :facepalm

This has proven to be an expensive learning curve.

Dealer originally quoted me $2,000, lol...I worked them down to $1,500....they wanted to charge me five hours of labor, I said no way...they called me back a few minutes later and said they would only charge me for 2.5 hrs of labor after they asked one of their techs how long it would take them to do the swap and re-programming. They also quoted me $1,200 for a new ECM...I looked up the part on the OEM NIssan parts website and it listed it at $1,019....they price matched it for me....I also got them to throw in a spare and they offered to give me a $200 detail, bwaha.

Aside from getting a free spare and a detail.......none the less.....it's been an expensive lesson.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”