looking for upgrades

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

thatguy32

looking for upgrades

Postby thatguy32 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:29 am

I'm new to the pathfinder scene. I recently had a 04 titan 2wd and had several performance upgrades. Are there many options for the 4.0 like exhaust, intakes or tunes? Thanks for the help and looking forward to many mods on my 12 pathfinder

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:53 pm

If you are keeping your suspension height stock, then one of the most popular things to do is install Airlift 1000 Air Bags and Bilstein HD shocks on the rear suspension. There are several CAI systems on the market; Volant and Injen make two popular choices, but on mine, I found out I had to bend the upper mount bracket in order to get the box to sit right. After returning the Volant, I ended up getting an aFe Momentum air intake system and love it! Lots install Gibson cat-back exhaust or, like I did, cut out the stock main muffler and install a Magnaflow 12580 dual-inlet, single outlet. I also replaced the stock manifolds with Doug Thorley shortie headers and replaced the secondary cats with Doug Thorley mid-pipes. XTP's plenum spacer improves power in the mid-range. From there, a tuner helps bring it all together. Bully Dog and Superchips each have their pros and cons, but are probably the most popular. If you are considering long tube headers, then you'll want to go with UPREV for your tuning needs.

thatguy32

Postby thatguy32 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Thanks for the info. My plans are to do a small lift and some engine upgrades such as CAI and exhaust. What websites do you perfer? I always used Stillen or Burtmans when I was working on the titan. Also where should I look for lift kits?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Right now, AutoAnything.com is running a 20% off deal on orders of $150 of more and free shipping until 3/31/16.
4x4Parts.com is a popular choice for lift kits and off road parts. Stillen is fine, but they do tend to be a little pricey. I got my Airlift 1000's through Advance Auto Parts' site; using code TRT30 saves you 30% up to $50 on orders of at least $50.
I always get the part number of what I want to buy and search Google and Ebay for the best prices.

thatguy32

Postby thatguy32 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:37 pm

I've been doing some looking on 4x4 parts and I've found some good stuff. Looking at lifts and was wondering if the rear springs are alright or would the bags be better.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:39 pm

I cant help you out with the rear springs but for the airbags you wont regret them. You will only get about 1/2" lift if even that but it will help alot on sagging.
Bigger springs is the easiest and safest way to lift the back.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:49 pm

If you are looking to lift the vehicle, then go with a lift kit. The air bags prevent the stock rear suspension from bottoming out over large bumps and allows one to keep the ass end from sagging from towing. I wouldn't use them specifically to raise the rear end height. Also, be aware that raising the ride height too much can cause you to run into alignment issue, due to the independent rear suspension. There is plenty of information on this site about lifting.

thatguy32

Postby thatguy32 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:16 pm

Alright sounds good to me. It's going to be a little while before I do the lift but when it's time I'll be sure to holler at you.. thanks for the info

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”