06 Fan Clutch Noise. You're Clear for Takeoff

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

66Cooper

06 Fan Clutch Noise. You're Clear for Takeoff

Postby 66Cooper » Fri May 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey all,
I'm new here. Recently bought an 06 Path LE with 80k on it. Very first thing I did was check the trans and replace the rad. Trans was perfect thank god. While replacing the trans, I thought I would replace the belt and tensioner as well as the fan clutch as it seemed a bit loud. I bought one off Amazon and after installing, it sounds like my truck is about ready to takeoff down a runway its sooo loud (hence the title). I mean, if you start this in a parking garage and someone is in front of the car, it could give them a heart attack. Its embarrassing really. The old one wasnt much better but I didnt drive it much before the swap. Obviously it was loud enough to warrant me changing it in the first place.

So, my question: Where do you buy a fan clutch that doesnt make your truck sound like a 747? I'd hate to see what the dealer would charge. The temp on my car is brilliant and I should not need a HD unit, especially with the new rad and fully flushed system. Its driving me crazy!!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri May 13, 2016 7:59 pm

Went through a similar situation. Gotta go to the stealer.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat May 14, 2016 5:44 am

Nissan is the only way to go way it comes to some parts...and your fan clutch is one of them. Try CourtesyParts.com or NissanPartsDeal.com

66Cooper

Postby 66Cooper » Mon May 16, 2016 7:02 am

Well, thanks for the info. If it has to be, it has to be then. I got this truck for a song so I guess spending a little bit on it is not the end of the world.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue May 17, 2016 5:56 am

you could always do an e-fan conversion.

I thought about it, but couldn't justify the cost at the time (over $500), and not have a guarantee that there would be sufficient airflow to cool the rad.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”