Weird problem with Hypertech Tuner..

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

pete.serra

Weird problem with Hypertech Tuner..

Postby pete.serra » Fri May 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Hey Guys,

New to the forum, but love the Nissan brand. I just bought my wife an 08 Pathfinder LE with the 5.6. She doesn't care much for the gas-guzzling engine, but I absolutely love it... that sucker is strong!

Anyway, I just bought a Hypertech tuner because I would like to disable WOT and also see how it works with the 87/89 octane tune. I just have one problem, and it's so strange that Hypertech doesn't even know what to do..

OK, so I updated the tuner online before doing anything else-- success. Then I took it out to the vehicle and plugged it into the OBD port, the unit powers up and then gives me a message that says, TURN KEY TO RUN BUT DO NOT START ENGINE. No problem.. I turn the key to the RUN position, and....nothing happens! The message continues to scroll and scroll and scroll. I have tried unplugging it, turn the key off then back to RUN, and every combination in between. No dice. The tuner itself is fine-- I tried it on a buddy's Armada and as soon as I turn the key to RUN, the tuner proceeds forward immediately with all the tuning options.

After explaining all this to Hypertech, they said, "Uh, we have no clue, send it back for a refund." LAME!

So, you guys are my last hope!

Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”