Cleaned Throttle Body now RPMs low, please help!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

itmustbeslim

Cleaned Throttle Body now RPMs low, please help!

Postby itmustbeslim » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm sure it has something to do with cleaning the throttle body because I replaced the MAF thinking that was the issue. I reset the ECU and did the throttle reposition which only served to bring the high idle down. While driving the RPMs take a noticeable dip when you let off the gas, and when you are in traffic or stopped and idling the AC stops working but as soon as the RPMs pick back up the AC kicks back on. Also when in traffic or idling the outside temperature indicator takes a big jump up when it didn't before. My plan was to just replace the throttle body but wanted to ask if ya'll have encountered this before and what I should be looking for. I guess it could be a vacuum leak because there is a whistle at idle, or it could be the MAF pigtail.
When cleaning I used MAF cleaner and did not remove the throttle body because one of the allen head bolts was oxidized (I loosened the other three then retightened them). I sprayed MAF cleaner directly into the throttle body.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ZPOC RDY

Postby ZPOC RDY » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:40 pm

I can't solve the entire issue, but resetting the ECU will reset what the computer has learned as your driving style. It keeps track of how you drive for shifting and other stuff, so resetting it may make it seem like it's not how it is for that reason.

itmustbeslim

Postby itmustbeslim » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:20 am

Bummer. I have reset the ECU 2 times now and each time it went back to this. Though the second time it did clear the CEL.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:38 pm

You need to have an idle air volume relearn performed. This commonly occurs when the throttle body is cleaned.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”