How many filters on 2005 Pathfinders

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

falcondrgn

How many filters on 2005 Pathfinders

Postby falcondrgn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:02 pm

Hello,

Just curious as to how many filters were on 2005 Pathfinders. The ones I know about are the basic ones like oil, air, and cabin filters but are there other filters that needs to be changed? Thanks in advance!

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:00 pm

FUEL, OIL, AIR, CABIN, TRANSMISSION IF AUTOMATIC.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:13 pm

KEVSTER wrote:FUEL, OIL, AIR, CABIN, TRANSMISSION IF AUTOMATIC.
Not all of these are to be changed as maintenance though. Fuel filter should last the life of the vehicle.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:57 pm

Thank you all for your responses. The reason for me asking about the filters was because after I bought my car to the stealership for an oil change last week, the service lady said i needed to replace my micro filter so I told her u mean the cabin filter which i replaced the day b4 i took the car in to get the oil change and she was like no, its a filter behind the passenger seat by the engine? so i was like ok i`ll do it next time. I knew she didnt know what the hell she was talking about. Thank u all once again for all your help!

Oh how often does the transmission filter need to be changed? thx

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:46 am

Behind the passenger seat by the engine????

Next time your in there, tell her you have the Pathfinder, not the NSX.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:35 am

hahaha not to be sexist or anything but once i saw that the service attendant was a lady i knew she didnt know what she was talking about.

G35TR wrote:Behind the passenger seat by the engine????

Next time your in there, tell her you have the Pathfinder, not the NSX.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

falcondrgn wrote: Oh how often does the transmission filter need to be changed? thx
I haven't found any reference to a transmission filter in the FSM. The normal fluid change uses a drain plug. Even the instructions for removing and replacing the pan make no mention of a filter. There are two magnets at the bottom of the pan, supposedly.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:57 pm

08Datsun wrote:
falcondrgn wrote: Oh how often does the transmission filter need to be changed? thx
I haven't found any reference to a transmission filter in the FSM. The normal fluid change uses a drain plug. Even the instructions for removing and replacing the pan make no mention of a filter. There are two magnets at the bottom of the pan, supposedly.
Yea, they dont really have a " Filter " more of a screen .. and it really never needs changing ....

Also the fuel filter is in tank ... no not really any need to ever change it ... unless you have the tank out already for some reason ...

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”