Camshaft Position Sensor... aftermarket or OEM?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Dwyck99

Camshaft Position Sensor... aftermarket or OEM?

Postby Dwyck99 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:48 pm

I am going to replace the CMS on my 08 PF LE, bank 1 passenger side. I know it's usually best to get OEM, but is there a consensus that OEM make a big difference in performance and reliability with the CMS on this truck?

If not, is there a particular aftermarket one that people have solid results from? If OEM is definitely the way I need to go, where can I get the lowest price for genuine Nissan parts? It's $130 on Nissan website($103 online price). I wonder if the dealer would give me online price if I ask at the counter? I can swing the $130 but it will hurt a little so if there is somewhere I can get it cheaper I'm all for it... and if there is an aftermarket that is know to be just as good for around $70 or less I am all for that, too.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:59 am

If you can find a Hitachi or Mitsubishi sensor on the aftermarket, they should be okay as they make the OE part. Otherwise, I would highly recommend genuine Nissan. Aftermarket ignition parts in general for Asian makes have always had poor quality issues. Some dealers' parts departments may honor an online price, but you'll have to check with them. For online Nissan part sites, these two are pretty good with the prices:

www.courtesyparts.com

www.nissanpartsdeal.com

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”