Engine starts then stall within a few seconds

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

joe929

Engine starts then stall within a few seconds

Postby joe929 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Hello,
I am new to the forum, but could could use some advice. I have a 2007 Pathfinder that has had all the issues that everyone else seems to have. The truck itself has always run great with no issues. This morning I went to leave for work and the truck wouldn't stay running. It would start normally, then within a few seconds, would idle low and then shut off. It would continue to do so for as many time as I would try. Stepping on the gas would not cause the rpms to go up. Any ideas what this may be? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

PS. I have a code reader and it has found no codes.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Cam position sensors and crank position sensors have caused issues and haven't always set codes, but I would want to check the fuel pressure and make sure it's within specs (50 psi).

joe929

Postby joe929 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 am

Thank you for the reply. I did a little further digging online for similar issues and someone had mentioned the MAF, I unplugged it and the truck stayed running. Hopefully that's the issue. I ordered a new one and it will be here tomorrow.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”