Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

ajaynsx

Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

Postby ajaynsx » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Hello All

Recently I had to take in my 2005 LE Pathfinder in for emissions for state of GA.
The results came back and it failed.

DTC1=P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

Does anyone know what this means?

Can this be fixed by myself or a nissan dealership has to do this.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:58 am

from the details you gave the voltage HI is a open( break in the wire or bad connecter were the wire came out) in the circuit The ECM is reading pull voltage. (tech talk) Take it in and have it fix correctly. should not be more than 1hr of service time. If the want to install a new harness than your going to be $. See first if they can repair it or run a new wire and leave the old haness.

Were are you located?

ajaynsx

Postby ajaynsx » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:36 pm

Captain caveman wrote:from the details you gave the voltage HI is a open( break in the wire or bad connecter were the wire came out) in the circuit The ECM is reading pull voltage. (tech talk) Take it in and have it fix correctly. should not be more than 1hr of service time. If the want to install a new harness than your going to be $. See first if they can repair it or run a new wire and leave the old haness.

Were are you located?
Atlanta, Ga

ajaynsx

Postby ajaynsx » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:50 pm

Captain caveman wrote:from the details you gave the voltage HI is a open( break in the wire or bad connecter were the wire came out) in the circuit The ECM is reading pull voltage. (tech talk) Take it in and have it fix correctly. should not be more than 1hr of service time. If the want to install a new harness than your going to be $. See first if they can repair it or run a new wire and leave the old haness.

Were are you located?
This is the other information that I found.

http://foxed.ca/rx7manual/2003mazdarx8/ ... 00W06.html

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Very good but thats a Mozda Rx7 info. The code should mean the same but the Trouble shooting Guide is not.

ajaynsx

Postby ajaynsx » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:18 pm

Captain caveman wrote:Very good but thats a Mozda Rx7 info. The code should mean the same but the Trouble shooting Guide is not.

I got this fixed. Parts are expensive but my friends did all the fixing up.

165.00 for couple of wires from Nissan labor he charged me $75.00

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”