Heat issue

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Mt545

Heat issue

Postby Mt545 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:02 am

Hello everyone. I have a 2008 SE v6 pathfinder and I have the issue of no heat at idle and when stopped. I bled the coolant system with the front end jacked up and replaced the thermostat. The lower radiator hose going to the thermostat is always cold and electic fan doesnt kick on (which led me to believe thermostat). The aux heater pump seems to be working (put your hand on it and feel it working and disconnect it it stops). The two hoses going to and from it are pretty cool. Im not sure where to go from here. Any ideas? Please and thank you.

kennynnek

Postby kennynnek » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:04 am

if you burped the system and its still not getting hot, you may have a crack in one of the hoses or the plastic connector piece (thats where my problem was), the smallest leak in the system can cause air to keep getting inside causing it to not get hot

Mt545

Postby Mt545 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:36 pm

Well as an update I guess, I have heat warming up and at idle. The radiator hose going to thermostat is still cold after driving. Im thinking the radiator is plugged up not allowing circulation? The rear heat still blows cool as well. When I bled the cooling system after replacing the thermostat, i noticed the coolant would slowly go down in my no spill funnel then keep shooting up and go back down, then shoot back up and i looked in the over flow and it was doing the same thing in there. When the coolant goes down in the radiator it goes up in the over flow and vise versa. There would be little pockets of air but now i have heat up front im happy but the fact the hose going to the thermostat is still stupid cold worries me.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”