2005 Pathfinder Won't Start After Heater Core Replacement

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Njm

2005 Pathfinder Won't Start After Heater Core Replacement

Postby Njm » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi all,

I recently replaced the heater core in my 2005 Pathfinder Off Road edition. The previous owner had bypassed the heater core, but otherwise it functioned normally. I removed the dash and swapped in the new heater core and it hasn't started since.

It cranks but won't start. I've charged the battery and removed the dash again to double check the ground wires under there. The key/car security light stays on when cranking, so I took it to the dealership. They tried to read the codes via OBD2, but couldn't get signal and suggest the ground wires weren't making contact(hence removing the dash again and checking them). My OBD2 reader lights up when I plugs it in, but never seems to be able to make a connection and read the codes(OBD2 reader works fine in my other car l).

Also, when I replaced the heater core, I also swapped the original radio back in(previous owner had an aftermarket unit in). The radio works great when the key is turned to accessory position.

Any idea what might be causing it to crank but not start? Thanks in advance!

Njm

Postby Njm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Should the OBDII port function if the security system is enable/locked down?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”