anybody put on a custom dual exhaust yet ?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

jerry6

anybody put on a custom dual exhaust yet ?

Postby jerry6 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:57 am

i wish nissan would , murano has it why not pathfinder ?

mprtklr

Postby mprtklr » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:14 pm

exhaust works off of 2 principles.. Backpressure and flow... Backpressure creates torque, flow creates HP, you can argue that all day number wise, but those 2 principles hold fairly true, less flow more hp, less torque. The Pathfinder is tuned for more torque than HP, therefore requires a little more backpressure for the torque, people who add exhausts will notice a little bit of a loss of torque in the gain for HP, since aftermarket exhausts are less restrictive.

the murano is different, its probably tuned more for hp, than torque..

now i could be overanalyzing it, and it was a matter of underbody packaging :) but the note above is true :)

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:47 am

Absolutely right, at least generally speaking. I look forward to replacing that lame-o y-pipe on the Pathfinder and seeing what I get, I doubt it'll be any less Torque but should be room for some more HP.

The Murano is also not a real dual exhaust... http://www.zfilms.org/Stories/Murano/20 ... index.html

jerry6

Postby jerry6 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:32 pm

so i'll stick a potato in the pipe , should icrease torque a bit

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:11 pm

A large single exhaust will usualy make more power than a dual system ... the best 350Z Systems are single 3" ,single muffler ......single pipe has less resistance on the exhaust flow , the dual thing is all for looks .... Now fitting a large single pipe on the Pathfinders is gona be tough ... so a dual setup over the rear may be better in the long run , but real dyno time would have to prove it either way ... I plan on just building a single 2.5" tail pipe to get rid of the kink in the rear ... and get rid of the rear muffler ...

Even the 350Z's stock exhaust is not a true dual setup !!
http://www.clarksautomotive.com/images/ ... xhaust.jpg

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”