Aussies get better toys

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Fofiddy

Aussies get better toys

Postby Fofiddy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:24 pm

I was poking around the Australian Nissan site under Accesorries and I caught these:
Man there are some serious rewards to driving down the wrong side of the road, aside from better rear suspension, HIDs, and the availablility of the TD.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Re: Aussies get better toys

Postby blink32 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:58 am

Fofiddy wrote:Man there are some serious rewards to driving down the wrong side of the road, aside from better rear suspension, HIDs, and the availablility of the TD.
Do you have any info on the HID portion? All my research showed that all pathfinders (at-least through 06) only had Halogens world wide. All the Aussies I asked said they only had halogens and couldn't get HID as a factory option.

And I like the snorkel but last I looked it was only for the TD :-/ . not sure what it would take to retrofit it to a gasser. Sometimes makes me wish I lived abroad, but then the costs and restrictions make me feel right at home here. :)

jorgecar

Postby jorgecar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:21 pm

blink32 wrote:Do you have any info on the HID portion? All my research showed that all pathfinders (at-least through 06) only had Halogens world wide. All the Aussies I asked said they only had halogens and couldn't get HID as a factory option.
Pathfinders in Europe have had HIDs for the premium model LE since launch, and in this case it's called now the 'Aventura' in the UK and elsewhere: http://www.nissan.co.uk/home/vehicles/4 ... index.html

EU lighting regulations are way different, it's probably just the HID bulb + headlamp washers and a slightly different housing for less glare. It's not a true projector as seen on other European vehicles.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:37 pm

jorgecar wrote:Pathfinders in Europe have had HIDs
Now this is what I needed. I have contacts world wide. I will get to moving on sorting out whats needed to convert and if its worth it if, as you said, its basically just a bulb and reflector as oppossed to a projector style.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:38 pm

See this is the sort of thing that makes me feel I wasted every single post I ever put on freshalloy. Not to be Captain Obvious but make sure the part and ordering info you get is for LHD pathfinders due to the lense\reflector cut. I would have gotten the numbers when I was hard on the case in early 05 if it wasn't for the launguage barrier and the runaround given to me by Nissan France and Germany. Trust me there was some insessant bitching about the weak output from the stock halogens. I tried the "silverstars" looked nicer but crapped out after 10k miles...what a turd of a product. But hey if you spend another 10 dollars they have a model that lasts 30% longer (wank).

Blink you get a 30 rack or hooch of your choice next time you come through CT if you come through on this one.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:37 am

Fofiddy wrote: Not to be Captain Obvious but make sure the part and ordering info you get is for LHD pathfinders due to the lense\reflector cut.
Thats going to be the hard part. :-/ So far I see they were available in UK, Ireland, Germany, France (from you) and at-least parts of South America (Chile for sure). I don't remember what sides of the roads these people drive on so I'll have to look all that up and sort out who I know in what country. I never thought being prior military would ever come in handy. :)

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:58 pm

To my knowledge the Barcelona plant where said TD and HID equipped models are produced sells them in LHD in France, Spain, Russia, and Germany (dude you got to know someone in Germany).

Only problem is finding out all the parts necessary for the retrofit (wiring harnesses, ballasts/ignitors, bulbs, and lenses.) Did you know those (European market) lucky SOB's have power folding mirrors as well as the UK can get the Factory Nav (which I heard Nissan's is one of the best) on any model as an option.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:43 pm

Fofiddy wrote:To my knowledge the Barcelona plant where said TD and HID equipped models are produced sells them in LHD in France, Spain, Russia, and Germany (dude you got to know someone in Germany).
Germany and Russia are looking like my best options. I currently work with a Ukrainian who's fluent in Russian as well as I have a ton of Russians here at work. But my buddy in CA is German. And between the two of us we must know someone over there currently.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:45 am

jorgecar wrote: EU lighting regulations are way different, it's probably just the HID bulb + headlamp washers and a slightly different housing for less glare. It's not a true projector as seen on other European vehicles.
Not to seem like a dolt but what is EU?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:56 am

Fofiddy wrote:what is EU?
I believe it stands for European Union. At any rate it encompasses at-least the standards for European lighting requirements.

jorgecar

Postby jorgecar » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:45 pm

blink got that one right, EU stands for 'European Union'...their lighting norms are different than the american SAE or DOT norms, read somewhere that EU allows more glare and lumens than the US.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:21 pm

jorgecar wrote: EU stands for 'European Union'
I just sent you a PM. I didn't realize you were getting an 07 Pathy. If you got the Xenon option boy do we have some requests of you!

jorgecar

Postby jorgecar » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:48 pm

blink32 wrote:I just sent you a PM. I didn't realize you were getting an 07 Pathy. If you got the Xenon option boy do we have some requests of you!
Sorry to disappoint, HIDs go on European LE models and I have an SE.
Besides, we don't get HIDs for the LEs in Costa Rica either, because we have the option of ordering V6s from the US and guess they need to keep standard equipment relatively the same, if both are offered in a market but come from different factories.

Keep us posted if you have more info on a possible upgrade.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:24 pm

Figured it couldn't hurt to ask. The south american models (at-least some of them) also got the option. Wasn't sure if central america also got those models or if you got stuck with the same NA models as us. Thank you for responding though.

lj1983

Postby lj1983 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:23 pm

blink32 wrote: And I like the snorkel but last I looked it was only for the TD :-/ . not sure what it would take to retrofit it to a gasser. Sometimes makes me wish I lived abroad, but then the costs and restrictions make me feel right at home here. :)

as far as i know, the front end of the frontiers and pathfinders are the same (or mostly).....the snorkels work with the gas models. here's a Nissan Australia OEM snork on a US Frontier

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”