2005 PATHFINDER LE ENGINE RACES WHILE BRAKING

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

LILMONEYMAN23

2005 PATHFINDER LE ENGINE RACES WHILE BRAKING

Postby LILMONEYMAN23 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:18 pm

My Pathfinder has recently started to act up. When I brake going down hill or Brake before a red light, The RPM shoots up to like 3-2.5 and stays their until I come to a complete stop or I disengauge Over Drive. Its like the engine races for a couple or seconds. I have no idea whats the problem. I brang it to my local DARCAR NISSAN and they don't know what im talking about.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:31 pm

Sounds like the normal operation of the tranny. It's kind of a anti-coast feature, shifts down to maintain a constant speed. Try giving it a little blip of throttle and it should upshift. If you keep cantant gently throttle it will hold the higher gear.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:26 am

First the time I ever posted on a Nissan forum was probably about this, everyone assured me that it was just the transmission down shifting. I've probably taken the truck down the same hill 50 times over the last few months and it's never happened again, maybe some initial ecu learning curve.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”